Wednesday 14 October 2009

From Summer to Christmas in a blink of the eye (or should that be bite of the cake?)

Is it me or have we suddenly had the summer snatched away and replaced by chilly air? I have resorted to wearing a fleece and i'm sure it was only last week i was still in my Havaianas. The Cake residence has a new patio which is very exciting but my ideas of sun lounging will now have to wait until next summer. And i am finding my butter is not getting to room temperature like it should. Mr Cake will soon have to give in and allow me some central heating, i could blame it on the butter. So, when it gets colder and the evenings draw in and the supermarkets are flaunting 3 for 2 presents already what do i think of but Christmas! And of course another opportunity for more baking (and time to get excited about my good friends the K-Y's annual X Factor final/Christmas party with a feast better than Nigella's).

I have my fruit soaking in brandy ready for the first Christmas cake of the season and i am dreaming of white sparkly decorations. So, the conclusion to this story is that Miss Cake has started on the Christmas cakes and is ready for all of your orders! Personalised miniature cakes and festive cookies are what everyone will need this Christmas, i am telling you. Please get in touch for all of your Christmas baking needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment